Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Memorial Day Miracle

Yesterday, my boys and I-all four of us, went to the movies. This is nothing short of a miracle. If you're not a member of my immediate family, let me explain. About a year ago, my youngest son developed an intense and irrational fear of movies. I blame Horton Hears A Who. It was the last movie we saw together and it truly was terrible. Since then, my son would not talk about going to the movies and got nervous even driving by one. "We're not going to the movies, right?" He would ask. But over the past few weeks he has been exposed to multiple commercials for Night At The Museum Battle Of The Smithsonian. Apparently, watching Rodin's The Thinker flex his biceps and yell "Firepower!" was too funny to resist. So we found ourselves sitting in a darkened theater, eating skittles and cracking up. Not a bad way to spend Memorial Day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Four boys! You're amazing! I secretly want to see this movie, even though my boyfriend laughs at me**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it's only two boys. If I count my husband that makes three. Believe me, that's enough!!

    ReplyDelete