Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day




This Mother's Day was especially sweet. I received homemade gifts which are my favorite kind. My oldest made me a very sweetly packaged bundle of bath salts. My youngest helped make a darling Doodle Book for me (That's a portrait of his father there on the front page). I was also given a bevy of flowers (my second favorite kind of gift) which I'll have to show photos of later. All of this was followed by an amazing dinner. We had bratwurst with the most amazing grilled onions and peppers, pasta salad, homemade vanilla lemonade and Red Stripe beer. My husband and I had to laugh because it seems more like a Father's Day dinner but it was exactly what I wanted! I hope everyone else's Mother's Day was equally wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. aww, that is so precious! I love the doodle book, I still make my mom those kinds of gifts too ;p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kinds of gifts never get old!

    ReplyDelete