Friday, May 1, 2009

May Bouquet

I wish that you could smell these lilacs through the computer screen. You would be smiling. It is May 1st already. I read once that in Germany there is a sweet May Day tradition. If a boy likes a girl he delivers a tree decorated with colored streamers to her house the night before. Isn't that wonderful? I would wish for a Magnolia tree.
In unhappier news, we are sick with colds. Again. I can only assume that we have somehow angered the gods of cold and flu. They have decided to curse us repeatedly. Maybe I should make an offering of Kleenex and echinacea to try and appease them.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I could sniff these! I am dying to get my hands on some peonies, but they seem to be hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara! Peonies should start blooming in a few weeks. I can hardly wait either. They are one of my favorite flowers! I love the new stuff in your shop!

    ReplyDelete