Monday, April 13, 2009

Eggs, Chocolate and World Domination


This Easter we were all recovering from the flu so we stayed home and celebrated quietly. The Easter Bunny hid eggs and left basketfuls of candy that were devoured. He also left the game Risk. That's how we ended up spending the entire morning and part of the afternoon vying for world domination. I played with an "all in", Napoleonic attitude and quickly regretted it. I was left defending Australia, my only conquest, and was succinctly squashed. The game is meant for children 10 and older. My son is 7 and he beat both my husband and I by a great margin. And he has not stopped talking about it since.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh.. I've been wanting to get some new family board games. We have a 6 and 3 year old.. my oldest would probably like Risk, he's always up for a new challenge. Sorry to hear you all had the flu on Easter. :(

    Anyway, just wanted to say hi.. I enjoy your blog and artwork on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! I recommend Risk but it is a LONG game so be prepared. The Amazing Labrynth in another great game if he likes mazes.

    ReplyDelete