Saturday, February 14, 2009

Date With A Mummy


Mummies may not be the first thing that comes to mind on Valentine's Day. Nevertheless, that's whom I had a date with today. With my three males in tow, we went to the museum to learn about coffins, linen wraps and the surgical removal of internal organs (There are two other types of removal but I'll spare you the disgusting details. Needless to say, my son was fascinated.) Other highlights included trying on these amazing helmets that looked like Egyptian gods and having our picture taken in front of a phony backdrop of the pyramids as well as having our names typed out in hieroglyphics. You can see mine at the top. Afterward we stopped to see my favorite piece-a gorgeous glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly. All in all, a wonderful day.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment