Monday, September 13, 2010

I've Got A Golden Ticket


One of our favorite movie theaters, Studio 35, runs a children's summer movie series. The last movie of the summer was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I love this movie, however, I wasn't certain that my 5 year old would feel the same. It has some awfully creepy parts, especially the tunnel scene. However, we decided to brave it.

Turns out, my son didn't even make it to the tunnel part. One glimpse of Augustus Gloop getting stuck in the pipe and he let out a wail. So, we took him to the lobby to calm down, thus missing the scary tunnel scene. I thought we would be okay but, no. Violet turning into a blueberry was his undoing. He'd had enough of Willy Wonka and his chocolate factory.

Oh well, maybe when he's a little older he'll be able to appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. uuh! i don't like that film!! it makes me feel so unsecure!
    maybe i have to be older, hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certainly an acquired taste!

    ReplyDelete