Monday, June 7, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries

It is quite a challenge to get my boys to eat vegetables. So when I saw a bag of frozen sweet potato fries at the grocery store, I decided to try them. I hopped on the computer and found this wonderful recipe from the Neelys. I made several alterations so I thought I'd write my version out here.
1 bag of frozen sweet potato french fries
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
Mix the olive oil, paprika and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the frozen fries and toss to coat. Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Mix brown sugar and salt together and sprinkle generously over fries. (It's a lot of sugar but it tastes really good). Bake according to package directions (usually about 30 minutes) turning every 10 minutes. The turning is important. Once they are done, broil on high for just a few minutes to help them get a bit crisp. Remove from the oven and let cool for just a few minutes. Then, gobble them up warm because the deliciousness fades as they cool.
Oh my, are these good. And the big bonus? My kids LOVED them.
Hooray!!!
Photo via: FoodNetwork

No comments:

Post a Comment